This dish is delicious! Swiss Rosti Potato with Gruyère Cheese is a typical recipe from the mountains of Gruyère, where is produced this great symbol of Switzerland cookery. By the way, Gruyère Cheese is used in fondues recipes, but this is another conversation…
A long time ago, the Swiss Rosti Potato was served in breakfasts and brunches by the farmers in Berna region. Nowadays, this recipe is one of the most traditional in SwiTzerland. Two very important ingredients are potatoes and butter, the best you can find. To them, you will add other special ingredients like ham, herbs, apples and fresh vegetables.
TIP: IT’S EASIER TO PREPARE SWISS ROSTI POTATO WITH GRUYÈRE CHEESE WITH PREVIOUSLY BAKED AND CHILLED (24 HOURS) POTATOES!
1) INGREDIENTS OF THE SWISS ROSTI POTATO WITH GRUYÈRE CHEESE
-1 lb of potatoes, washed and shelled;
-1/2 onion finely chopped;
-1/2 teaspoon of salt;
-1/4 teaspoon of pepper;
– 02 tablespoons of butter;
-01 cup of grated Gruyere Cheese.
2) HOW TO PREPARE THE SWISS ROSTI POTATO WITH GRUYÈRE CHEESE:
1) Cook the shelled potatoes in a pan with water until they are soft, but still firm, not breaking up. Drain the potatoes and let them chill. Place them in the refrigerator, uncovered, for 12 to 24 hours.
2) Peel the potatoes and grate them roughly. Put them in a bowl and mix with the onion, the salt and the pepper.
3) Heat 2/3 of the butter in a pan and add the mixture, filling the bottom, pressing very gently with a spatula. Cook for about 10 minutes, until the bottom is golden.
4) Put a dish over the pan and gently turn it upside down, placing the disc of potatoes on it.
5) Add the remaining butter in the pan and carefully slide the potato disk on it, with the raw side down. Cook for about 6 min, until the bottom is golden.
6) Slide it to the dish it will be served and cover with the Gruyere Cheese.
MORE AUTHENTIC AND DELICIOUS RECIPES
Still hungry? Thinking about the next meal with your love, friends or family?
TRAVEL TO SWITZERLAND
If you like our recipe of Swiss Potato Rosti with Gruyère Cheese, what about reading this posts about Switzerland?
See you later!
MEUS DESTINOS IMPERDÍVEIS